On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 05:59:21PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Actually, something obvious seems to render things a bit difficult at
> first sight : UDD is in PostGres, and FLOSSMole uses MySQL.
>
> We're discussing some options on the ossmole-discuss list to overcome
> this difficulty.
>
> My advice is to import in PG on a Debian system with the required
> dependencies, create views to be able to convert non standard types to
> standard ones, then dump again to SQL, and import to MySQL... any
> comments ?

UDD has some parts that are Postgres specific, in particular it uses
the Postgres extension mechanism to internalize Debian version
comparison so that it can be exploited in queries. In the beginning,
the internalization was done only as an extension function, it might
be that now there is even a custom data type where you can use "<" and
such, but I'm not sure about that (redirect to Lucas).

You just need to pay attention (and maybe do some tests) that,
migrating away from Postgres, you might loose the ability to reuse the
same queries which you can currently use with udd.d.o.

Cheers.

z...@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/