Le lundi 10 juillet 2023 à 22:01 +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Sébastian,
>
> Am Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 10:01:15AM +0200 schrieb Sébastien Villemot:
> >
> > So, given all that, I’m inclined to (try to) remove atlas during the
> > trixie development cycle.
>
> Sounds reasonable.
>
> > Any thought on this?
>
> I've checked my responsibility for the dependencies and stumbled about
> emmax
>

> emmax.c:10:10: fatal error: clapack.h: No such file or directory
>    10 | #include <clapack.h>
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.
>

> and noticed
>
> $ apt-file search clapack.h
> libatlas-base-dev: /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/clapack.h
> ... (other instances are not blas related)
>
> which was probably the reason why I've picked libatlas-base-dev
> originally.  I would not say that emmax is important and its
> also a not maintained upstream any more.  However, I vaguely
> remember that this
>    #include <clapack.h>
> in some code pieces of Debian Med was the reason to actually
> pick this blas implementation.  Any hint how to deal with such
> cases?

clapack.h is apparently an early attempt at providing a C interface to
some LAPACK functions (which are in Fortran). It indeed looks ATLAS-
specific.

The modern solution for that problem is to use LAPACKE (note the final
“E”), which is provided by liblapacke-dev. It is a standardized and
maintained C interface to all LAPACK routines.

I guess it should be feasible to adapt emmax to make it work with
LAPACKE.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer