Thanks for the nice comparison. I never realized Debian main consists of so
many packages, i always considered default ubuntu intallation not so secure
due to universe repo enabled by default..

Here is one interesting presentation about Ubuntu trusty 14.04 security
features:
http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2014/04/ubuntu-1404-lts-security-for-human.html