On 2024-04-16, Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 02:21:27PM -0000, Curt wrote:
>> Have you tried *closing* one of the two windows, *quitting* the
>> remaining one, and then restarting your bird?
>
> In his original message, he claimed that closing one window makes the
> other one also close.
>
> I asked *how* he was closing them, and he said that he gets the same
> result whether he uses the WM's close button, or the application's Exit
> menu choice.

I see. An Internet enquiry into the multiple-window problem produces many hits,
some of them over a decade old.

The most recent I've found (Dec 2023), advises simply creating another
profile and copying the old one over to the new one.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/thunderbird-two-windows-workaround/154069