I have decided to try out gnus again.  In some way or another I got so
far that I can read my old mail files and I am composing this mail
using gnus.

The documentation is not always very clear to me.  I have a
dialup-connection and in the past I used pine and mutt, fetchmail,
procmail and exim to get and read my mail and slrn(pull) for news.

I use procmail to sort my mail in to different files in ~/mail e.g.

python debian ruby ocaml latex postgres wxpython clug

I know I can sort the mail with gnus - but will try that later.  I
first want to get gnus working to get the feel of it.

Now my questions and request:

1. How do I configure gnus to read the result of slrnpull?

2. I suppose I can get around without slrnpull when using gnus, but
   how do I handle the situation where I am offline and want to read
   mail or news?

3. How do I handle aliases and distribution lists when I use
   gnus as my default mail client?

4 Is there any interaction available with a database like lbdbq like
  Mutt?

5. What is the difference between semi-gnus and gnus?

6. My request: I would appreciate examples of the .gnus-file. I could
   not find any in the documentation.

Regards.
Johann Spies
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "And he said to them all, If any man will come after