On Sunday 29 April 2001 06:45, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have decided to try out gnus again.  In some way or another I got so
> far that I can read my old mail files and I am composing this mail
> using gnus.
>
> The documentation is not always very clear to me.

> 6. My request: I would appreciate examples of the .gnus-file. I could
>    not find any in the documentation.

Hi Johann,

I used gnus for both mail and news for a long time and loved it.  I can
relate to your situation.  Gnus can be customized in almost infinite ways.
Getting it just like you want it is almost always possible, but not always
obvious.

I can't answer your questions directly, but I can point you to a couple of
valuable resources if you haven't found them already.  Lars Ingebrigtsen has
a web site devoted to gnus.  Have a look at www.gnus.org.  The resources link
will lead you to some tutorials, sample .gnus files, and the gnus mailing
list.  I highly recommend the mailing list.  It's not high traffic and the
regulars are friendly and helpful.  I never asked a question there that
didn't get a useful answer, and I never got flamed for asking a dumb
question.

--
Bud Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.