[ Please Cc me on replies;  I'm not subscribed to debian-user. ]

Hey folks,

I have a Sony SDT-7000 tape drive that can, theoretically, record up to
8 Gb of data on a DDS2 tape.  However, I can only get it to store 4 Gb
on any DDS2 tape I try (4 Gb == max for DDS1, iirc).

Anyway, anyone has info on this?  Have you experienced this problem
before?

Here's the logs from the kernel bootup:

  Vendor: SONY      Model: SDT-7000          Rev: 0300
  Type:   Sequential-Access                  ANSI SCSI revision: 02
st: Version 20020205, bufsize 32768, wrt 30720, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs 16
Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

Thank you,
Carlos.

--
Carlos Laviola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>