On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:33:47AM +0200, David Dumortier wrote:

| I've got a Olitec DSL-modem chipset Connexant under woody, kernel 2.4.18
| and my pinguin box don't want to configure it !!!
|
| I explain :
| - scanpci & lspci say IRQs, adresses and others but say unknown device

lspci should tell you something about the chip that is on the board.
For example, on my system, my ethernet cards are reported as follows :

$ lspci  # some output snipped
00:08.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX [Linksys
EtherFast 10/100] (rev 25)
00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100
model NC100 (rev 11)

With this info, I can now go to google and find out that these
linksys cards need the "tulip" driver.

| - I tried unicorn_pci.o, the module for Bewan DSL PCI modem but doesn't
| want to recognize my hardware ...

I guess *your* card doesn't have a unicorn chip on it.  Use the lspci
output to find out what your card has and what driver it needs.  (you
can even post the lspci output here and see if someone knows.
fortunately my dsl connection uses a Cisco 677 ethernet<->ATM bridge
so I can use whatever ethernet card I feel like)

-D

--

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/