On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:16:17 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 13:30 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> > From: Ralf Mardorf <snipped>
>> > <snipped>
>>
>> This one looks right.
>

> :)
>
> For this mail I switched to ISO-8859-15 and I'll add the German umlauts
> and another German letter called sz to the body:

It seems the problem is limited to the "From:" header field. But I don't
see any special character in your name so using "utf-8" or "iso-8859-15"
in your case shouldn't make any difference :-)

> Has this impact to the header or just to the mail's body?

Dunno. What hapenned between Scott and my posts is very localized, I
guess... but know I think, I don't know if other mailings list users are
facing the same problem with my nickname.

> Those incompatibilities are really annoying.

Yep, but IMO using an "iso-" encoding is a step backwards ;-(

(I selected "iso-8859-1" for this e-mail, let's see if Scott sees any
difference or still the "black diamond" :-) )

> Is my header still correct translated?

I see it right.

> FWIW my Debian install isn't a German install, I chose
>
> Country United Kingdom - en_GB.UTF-8
> and just Keymap German

System locale should not affect but MUA encoding selection and the e-mail
servers involved in posting handling, like Debian mailing list server or
Gmane (the gateway I use). Both make modifications on the posts to add
the corresponding headers or e-mail footers so the problem can be here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón