Happy New Year everyone!

I have a problem which I know someone else had recently on the list and there
was a (slightly complicated) solution.  But I am not succeeding in finding
the thread.  PEBKAC, obviously, since I am sure that it is there.

I want to install Squeeze on a box in/on which the on board network card is
not recognised in Squeeze.

The simple solution is just put a different network in the box temporarily
while I install.  But this box is for a present, it is black, it comes
without spare blanking plates, and those already there have to be snapped
out, and cannot be replaced.  I am not keen to spoil the looks as it is a
present.

So could any kind soul point me at the relevant thread?  It was fairly recent.

Lisi