On Saturday 29 December 2012 14:16:56 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 29 December 2012 13:24:58 Tom H wrote:
> > Kenshi Muto provides installers with backported kernels so he might
> > have one/some with atl1c.
>
> Thanks, Tom.  I didn't know that.  Downloading now

Sadly, after seeming to install fine, it has failed to boot. :-( It is exactly
the same motherboard as in the one I built for myself a few months ago.  Mine
installed straight off without any real problems.  I had to install a temporary
network card, but that was no big deal.

This one is being a constant nightmare.  It seems to be impossible to install
any Debian.  I am at a loss to know what to try next.  Other, of course, than
writing a stiff letter to the managing director of teh firm I bought it from.

It is behaving progressively worse.  I think that something must in fact be
damaged.  It won't even start booting up now, not even the post screen or the
BIOS options.

:-(  And I was so looking forward to having it all set up for when my husband
got home.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Lisi