On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:59:56AM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> I then had to manually start pulseaudio with "service pulseaudio
> start." This  worked but still no sound. with tools > preferences > audio
> pointed it to pulseaudio for its
> output device. I started an arbitrary icecast and under Audio >
> Visualizations picked the VU meters. These showed that I was
> receiving a signal. I then started the PulseAudio Volume Meter and
> found that I was also getting a signal out of pulseaudio. I still
> don't have any sound.

Check if any of your playback controls are muted. It belatedly occurred
to me to take a look at the pulseaudio page on the debian wiki. It
seems to describe solutions to almost every problem, if not every
problem we're seeing in this thread so far from everyone. All of you
have read that page, right? That probably should have been the first
question I should have asked when this got started.

<https://wiki.debian.org/en/PulseAudio>

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net