On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 01:21 +0600, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed Tor on Debian 7 but couldn't use it. Viladia is showing
> the following errors:
> /*[Warning] Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:9050: Cannot assign requested
> address*//*
> *//*[Warning] /var/run/tor is not owned by this user (tranjeeshan, 1000)
> but by debian-tor (115). Perhaps you are running Tor as the wrong user?*//*
> *//*[Warning] Before Tor can create a control socket in
> "/var/run/tor/control", the directory "/var/run/tor" needs to exist, and
> to be accessible only by the user account that is running Tor.  (On some
> Unix systems, anybody who can list a socket can connect to it, so Tor is
> being careful.)*//*
> *//*[Warning] Failed to parse/validate config: Failed to bind one of the
> listener ports.*/
>
> Now how can I make Tor work?
> Thanking you,
> Muntasim-Ul-haque

Hello Muntasim!

From your description I'm guessing this might be a port collision
problem. "debian-tor" is a special user you can create to run the tor
process and it defaults the socks host to port 9050. Vidalia is a
different software which AFAIK has been discontinued and runs its own
tor instance. If both are running and configured to use the same socks
host, the second one wouldn't be able to handle the port which is in use
by a different process.

So the question is, how did you install tor?

--
André N. Batista
GNUPG/PGP KEY: 6722CF80