On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 06:48:48 -0400 (EDT), Joel Rees wrote:

> I also sometimes get applications I had closed coming back when I log back in.
>
> XFCE sometimes gets its states wedged.
>
> There is a command I sometimes used to use to reset the wedged state
> when the title/menubar disappeared. I'm not remembering it right now.
> I'm wondering whether it might have worked for this case, as well. I
> think it was
>
>     xfwm4 --replace
>
> (This is not really the purpose of the command, as I understand it,
> but it seems to clear out some of the wedged stuff. See xfwm4 --help
> for more information.)

I tried it.  It locked up my whole X session!  I had to switch to a text
console and restart lightdm with

   /etc/init.d/lightdm restart

to recover.  And it didn't solve the problem.  As soon as I reinstalled
abiword, it started autostarting again at each login.  Thanks for trying.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinux...@wowway.com>
 : :'  :