On Saturday 16 January 2016 22:22:34 David Wright wrote:

> On Sat 16 Jan 2016 at 12:28:32 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Not if bin is not in your path it isn't.
> >
> > Oh?  Since when?  Neither is /home/gene/log, but I use that
> > regularly in several scrips and from the command line since I have a
> > user=me "tail -fn100 log/fetchmail.log" running in a console tab
> > right now.
>
> No syntax problems here. And I wouldn't quarrel with
>     tail -fn100 log/fetchmail.log
> in a script either. However, I don't think it wise to write anything
> like bin/eagle
> into a script. That could accidentally run bin/eagle from whichever
> directory you (or the script) happen to find yourself in.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Can we put this to rest?  If eagle wants to play persnickity, there ARE
other fish in the pond that can do the job, I just have to learn how to
use them.

And I am making progress, I finally convinced gEDA/pcb to spot drill the
15 holes for the 6 parts and 3 outside world connections.  Now its up to
me to get rid of about 8.5" between the machines home Z position, rotate
the generated pattern 90 degrees to "stand it on end" and then step &
repeat to make 6 of them per pass on my mill. I already invented that
wheel tonight, but didn't discover the code was defective until I had
wasted 2.5" off the end of a sheet of 2oz copper clad, double-sided
fiberglass material. NBD, I have more, as long as each iteration is
better than the last. A nice sharp carbide blade on my table saw gets
rid of the mistakes. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)