Hi, Matthias.

Just in case you haven't subscribed to the list, I'm writing back to let you know another person besides confirmed that she is seeing this problem. Unless she used BCC she doesn't seem to have copied you. That's the norm for this list. It's just easier to subscribe in order to get all of the responses. You can easily unsubscribe -- if you so desire -- at any time.

I checked the Debian bug tracker.

https://www.debian.org/Bugs

There are a couple of bug reports listed for this version of Icedove that seem as though they may be about this problem we're seeing. I think the attempt to find the cause and a solution are in very early stages.

If you wish to help you could try reading the information at

https://wiki.debian.org/Icedove#Debugging

and using the information provided there to collect some data on your system. I intend to try it tomorrow -- if I get a chance.

I've got a very busy life right now. The bug isn't causing data loss on my systems, so it doesn't have a really high priority for me.

But I wanted you to know that the maintainers do seem to be aware of the problem and are looking into it. The more people like us help them, the quicker the problem might be resolved.

Best regards,
JP