On 2017-04-23, Frank de Bruijn <frank.de.bru...@ziggo.nl> wrote:

> I usually look in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, but the plugin file there
> may actually be a symlink pointing to something in /etc/alternatives,
> which in turn will probably point to some other item somewhere in
> /usr/lib...

To cover all the bases, I have it in

/home/curty/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

The mozilla help site says to put it in

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games?cache=no

usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

It might search there first and then in the user's home directory, or
vice-versa.

It's working now; I could rename the files one by one, or two by two,
leaving only one libflashplayer.so, and see at which point I broke my
flash, if Gene's really interested in knowing what no one knows, which
is a pretty big affair if you ask me.

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.