On 05/25/2017 04:38 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
Hi all;

A while ago, while updating my Debian testing system, I got the
following error:

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Setting up apt-listchanges (3.10) ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/tmp/tmp.kqhvU8IqOr.aptlc/debconf-helper.py", line 6, in <module>

    import debconf

ImportError: No module named 'debconf'

dpkg: error processing package apt-listchanges (--configure):

 apt-listchanges

This error has persisted ever since. I am starting to have several
strange things happen to my system - unable to move windows with mounse
and unable to cut an paste from the monitor - that may or may not be
caused by this error. I am not sure what the effect of the error would
be nor do I know how to fix it. I found a bug report that  was similar
but none of the suggested fixes fixed this one.

Note: There is no  tmp.kqhvU8IqOr.aptlc/debconf-helper.py file on my
system. Debconf is definitely installed.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.

Thanks for the replys.

I seem to have an Anaconda problem.
python --version gave Python 3.5.2 :: Anaconda custom (64-bit)
python -m debconf gave /root/anaconda3/bin/python: No module named debconf
dpkg -V debconf gave nothing

/usr/lib/python3/sidt-packages/debconf.py does exist.

I've been doing a lot of work with anaconda python lately. Not sure how to shut this off.

Gary R.