On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Kleene, Steven (kleenesj) <
kleen...@ucmail.uc.edu> wrote:

> On Saturday, July 31, 2021 4:54 PM I wrote concerning firefox-esr:
> >> Neither translate.google.com nor images.google.com functions properly.

Similar problem here, only with Google sites like Gmail, Docs, and Chat
(via a[n?] university/Google system).

I don't know that it's the same problem though. It only affects Firefox.
I've tried Debian Buster (with a moved .mozilla directory) on my desktop PC
and Debian Buster on a laptop, and at least three Windows computers, two of
which are in a different building (one on same VLAN as my desktop & laptop;
one on a different VLAN).

It only fails when using a wired Ethernet connection; if I unplug and use
wireless, those sites work. But our network folks haven't found an issue
(so far - it's summer time, and students are gone, and few-ish folks use
Firefox, so we haven't had a whole lot of complaints, forcing the issue).

It's really frustrating, 'cause I don't like using non-Firefox browsers,
but I'm having to use Chromium to type this message, 'cause FF has just
become unusable for me, when using Google products. As far as I can
discern, FF works fine on every other site/product.

--
Kent West                    <")))><