On 10/11/21 23:58, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Lu, 11 oct 21, 13:56:28, David Christensen wrote:
On 10/11/21 13:39, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

ZFS has native encryption now, any particular reason to prefer using a
LUKS container instead?

I use LUKS because ZFS native encryption was not available OOTB the last
time I looked on Debian.  What version of d-i has ZFS native encryption?

I wasn't aware of any kind of support for ZFS in d-i.

<snip>

If d-i does not have native support for ZFS encryption, then when I break my computer I will be unable to use the d-i media to access my disk(s).

Therefore, I prefer a LUKS container.

David