On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 11:37:00PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 10:16:09AM +0900, 황병희 wrote:
> > Haines Brown <hai...@histomat.net> writes:
> >
> > > (... thanks ...)
> > > 521 5.5.1 Protocol error (154.24 ms)
> > > Unverified address
> > >
> > > I reconfigured exim4 and it has no problem.
> > >

> > Or you try with sSMTP, very easy!
> >
> > Sincerely, Linux fan Byung-Hee
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I have same problem with ssmtp as I
> do with swaks: what does "test-server.example.net" refer to? Sorry
> for my ignorance.

unicorn:~$ apt-cache show ssmtp
[...]
Description-en: extremely simple MTA to get mail off the system to a mail hub
 A secure, effective and simple way of getting mail off a system to your
 mail hub. It contains no suid-binaries or other dangerous things - no mail
 spool to poke around in, and no daemons running in the background. Mail is
 simply forwarded to the configured mailhost. Extremely easy configuration.

The entire point of this package is that it's meant to be used on a
"dumb client" which does not wish to have its own outgoing mail queue.
Instead, it forwards all of your mail to your "smart host" -- the MTA
that has been set up for your organization's dumb clients to use.

So, the single piece of information you need in order to use ssmtp is
the hostname of your smart host.  Also known as your mail relay.  Or many
other names.  It's where you want your outgoing mail to be handled.