On 26/01/2024 03:33, D. R. Evans wrote:
$ snap run acrordrdc
unknown command: run
$

I was amazed that I simply couldn't find anything about actually running installed packages

Desktop environment GUI launcher or menu.

Have you performed relogin after installing snap? When I tried it on Ubuntu it added an extra directory to $PATH. Perhaps some group membership is involved as well.

I do not remember if I have ever tried "snap run". Since it is documented, you may try to search for release notes or changelog.

I do not like snap because it aggressively upgrades installed applications and, unlike apt, does not allow independent mirrors or alternative repositories. It encourages stance of developers that their application is too complex to build and they refuse any questions if a package was built by maintainers of some Linux distribution, everybody must use snap/flatpak provided by developers instead.