On 1/25/24 13:33, D. R. Evans wrote:

[snip]
When I try the run command:

$ snap run acrordrdc
unknown command: run
$

I was amazed that I simply couldn't find anything about actually running installed packages (plenty of sites tell me how to install a package, but none that I looked at then told me how to run the package once it's installed). It can't be hard, but obviously I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about snap.

On debian bookworm (stable), I can confirm you have the correct syntax for the debian snapd package. I use the noson package to manage my sonos speaker:
From an XFCE terminal,   $ snap run noson

The acrordrdc is "Adobe Acrobat Reader is a pdf reader & Web services developed by Adobe Inc."

Sorry I don't know enough to help you further with snap. Others here may also suggest some alternatives to acrordrdc if you need capabilities not provided by atril, evince or the other debian free PDF packages.

Good luck!