On Mon, 2024-02-05 at 17:28 +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > > Does anyone have an idea what is possibly wrong?
> >
> > Look for more information.
>
> This is the output of systemctl list-jobs :
>
> JOB UNIT                                 TYPE  STATE
> 102 autofs.service                       start waiting
> 82  mlocate.timer                        start waiting
> 80  e2scrub_all.timer                    start waiting
> 117 cron.service                         start waiting
> 1   graphical.target                     start waiting
> 140 apache2.service                      start waiting
> 127 nullmailer.service                   start waiting
> 81  phpsessionclean.timer                start waiting
> 94  nslcd.service                        start waiting
> 40  time-sync.target                     start waiting
> 86  logrotate.timer                      start waiting
> 83  man-db.timer                         start waiting
> 84  apt-daily-upgrade.timer              start waiting
> 115 systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service start waiting
> 135 atd.service                          start waiting
> 79  timers.target                        start waiting
> 87  apt-daily.timer                      start waiting
> 39  systemd-time-wait-sync.service       start running
> 88  fstrim.timer                         start waiting
> 2   multi-user.target                    start waiting
>
> As you can see, there are really many failed services.

They haven't failed, at least not yet.

>From the man page:

Job Commands
       list-jobs [PATTERN...]
           List jobs that are in progress. If one or more PATTERNs are
           specified, only jobs for units matching one of them are shown.

           When combined with --after or --before the list is augmented
           with information on which other job each job is waiting for,
           and which other jobs are waiting for it, see above.

       cancel [JOB...]
           Cancel one or more jobs specified on the command line by their
           numeric job IDs. If no job ID is specified, cancel all pending
           jobs.

So what are they waiting for?

(I have to admit that this is actually rather friendly to the users.)