Am 07.02.24 um 13:07 schrieb Christoph Pleger:
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, dem 07.02.2024 um 12:27 +0100 schrieb Michael Biebl:
Am 07.02.24 um 11:32 schrieb Christoph Pleger:
Hello,

systemd-time-wait-sync.service is running but has not completed.
I wonder if that is

Which NTP service do you use?

I am using chrony, because the server is offering time services to NTP
clients.

Regards
    Christoph

PS: As a (temporary) workaround, I created an override file for
systemd-time-wait-sync.service that just calls /bin/true .

Have you tried to simply disable the service?

I have now, and it works. Any idea what might have enabled it? I have
quite old entries in /root/.bash_history, but no signs of that I
enabled that service manually, I did not even know about its existence
before monday ...

Nowadays, systemd-time-wait-sync.service is disabled in presets. I don't now if this was (already) the case for Bullseye (which I no longer use).

Might be that you enabled it via presets / it was enabled via presets.