debian-user:

I have a laptop with:

2024-02-05 15:04:48 dpchrist@laalaa ~
$ cat /etc/debian_version ; uname -a ; dpkg-query -W xfce4 firefox-esr vim
11.8
Linux laalaa 5.10.0-27-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.205-2 (2023-12-31) x86_64 GNU/Linux
firefox-esr     115.7.0esr-1~deb11u1
vim     2:8.2.2434-3+deb11u1
xfce4   4.16

2024-02-05 15:10:08 dpchrist@laalaa ~
$ grep -v '"' .vimrc | grep .
map q <Nop>
set autoindent
set backspace=indent,eol,start
set nocompatible
set nomodeline
set number
set numberwidth=8
set paste
set shiftwidth=4
set wildmode=longest,list

Normally, I can cut and paste between Xfce desktop applications.

For example, if I start Firefox, disable all extensions, browse to:

https://www.toyota.com/dealers/

Enter a Zip Code of "12345", highlight the first result, copy it to the clipboard, and paste into this message, I see:

Lia Toyota of Colonie
2116 Central Ave., Rte. 5, Schenectady NY 12304
(5.3 miles)
Today's Hours: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
(518) 374-3700

But if I close the above Firefox window, start a Firefox instance, browse to:

https://www.toyota.com/dealers/

Enter a Zip Code of "12345", highlight the first result, copy it to the clipboard, start Terminal, open a file with Vim, press "i" to enter insert mode, and paste, sometimes I see what I copied to the clipboard and sometimes I see nothing.

I am unable to determine if the problem is Firefox, Vim, or something else.

Comments or suggestions?

David