> > So how do you change the keyboard layout when using wayland?
>
> I've no idea. I don't seem to have noticed that X is on the way out.

At this point, I believe there are folks who *believe* that Wayland is
the future, and that everyone should switch to it sooner rather than
later.

I also believe that there are people who are happily using it.  Most
people who use it probably don't even know they're using it.

What I *know*, however, is that there are some people who are never
going to switch until (a) the decision is taken away from them, by X
no longer working, or (b) a fully equivalent Wayland environment can
be created to take the place of their existing X environment.

I'm not aware of any projects aimed at recreating mature, traditional
working environments in Wayland.  Maybe they exist and I'm simply not
aware of them.  Maybe nobody who's capable of developing such an
environment has the motivation to do so.