Max Nikulin (12024-02-07):
> It may be a convention for applications other than terminals, however I am
> unsure what "standard" means for terminals.

I have not said it is more “standard for terminals”, I have that it is
more “standard” fullstop. It is more standard by the virtue of having
worked for decades, C-Ins S-Ins S-Del existed way before the C-C C-V C-X
tryptich, and still working today in most contexts.

> Thanks, it seems, it works in bookworm. Several years ago xterm did not
> support ownership of independent CLIPBOARD and PRIMARY simultaneously. It
> was a workaround for the following scenario:
>
> - select some text
> - copy it to CLIPBOARD
> - select another fragment of text (PRIMARY)
> - switch to another application
> - paste from PRIMARY
> - paste from CLIPBOARD

Works for me. The author of XTerm is quite reactive if you can explain
the issue clearly, I am not surprised it was fixed.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George