On 2/10/24 00:46, David Christensen wrote:
On 2/9/24 00:51, gene heskett wrote:
On 2/8/24 13:25, David Christensen wrote:
On 2/7/24 23:14, gene heskett wrote:
gene@coyote:/etc$ sudo smartctl --all -dscsi /dev/sdm
scsiModePageOffset: response length too short, resp_len=4 offset=4 bd_len=0 scsiModePageOffset: response length too short, resp_len=4 offset=4 bd_len=0
 >> Terminate command early due to bad response to IEC mode page
A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.
gene@coyote:/etc$

And then again, it worked, sorta
Please try again with the drive connected directly to a motherboard USB 3.0 port.

That is where it still is, on a blue usb3.0 port on a 3 yo ASUS mobo.

Does smartctl(8) fail when you connect the USB SSD to other USB ports?

Allready packed up for return, I found enough fraud with the f3 package to jail somebody.

David

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)