From: "Joshua Levitsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: NOABUSE:Re: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] IMail v8.0 and Declude
Jinkmail??

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Baumbach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 12:40 PM

> I used IMail Antivirus for several months and found it let many viruses
pass
> right through, I know this because on the local client computer running
> Norton Anti-Virus would then catch the virus and stop it that IMail
> Antivirus just finished scanning. And yes I too felt the sticker price
> shock, way too expensive in my option.

I was under the impression that the internal scanner in IMail was
Symantec's;

http://www.ipswitch.com/company/Press_Releases/011127_imail_av_release.html

So I'm confused how Norton would catch it when the server would not.
Symantec has a history of using the same virus engine and defs across their
entire product line. Just curious if you saw this with Norton on the desktop
or maybe you had another antivirus on the desktop?

I use Declude myself with F-Prot, but at work I'm a big Symantec proponent.

-Josh

[ scanned for spam to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] incoming
http://www.DcMetroNet.com on 03/29/2003 at 16:46:17-0500et. ]

[ scanned for viruses to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] incoming
http://www.DcMetroNet.com on 03/29/2003 at 16:46:17-0500et. ]

[ scanned for spam to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] outgoing http://www.DcMetroNet.com on
03/31/2003 at 17:12:29-0500et. ]

confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and destroy all paper and electronic copies of this message.

[ scanned for viruses to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] outgoing http://www.DcMetroNet.com on
03/31/2003 at 17:12:29-0500et. ]