This may be a crutch solution, but it is what we have implemented, and our customers seem to like it.

I wrote a small port redirection program that runs on the mail server. It listens on a specific port number, and when it receives a connection, opens a connection on the mail server on port 25, and acts as an "intermediary" between the two. Our customers reconfigure their clients to connect on this port number other than 25, it skips around the various ISP's port 25 blocking, they get to use our SMTP server, and noone is the wiser.