At 03:57 AM 1/13/2004, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
SPAMC32 0.5.55 is available for download at

http://www.mailmage.com/download/software/freeutils/spamc32/release

Users  anticipating  the  big RegEx rollout will have to wait a little
longer,  but there are some very powerful new features and performance
improvements in this release:

-  You  can  add  a  SKIPIFWEIGHT-type  threshold  to  ensure  that no
SpamAssassin  tests  will  be  run  if  the  message is already over a
certain  weight:  SPAMC32 will pass (0) such messages immediately. See
the -cw/-sw combo.

Well, this did help considerably... but not quite enough. I moved the SpamD server onto a server that currently does nothing but DNS. It is a dual PIII 1GHz machine that usually runs between 0 and 5 % utilization. With SpamD running on it, it averaged about 70% utilization. Now my mailserver wasn't noticeably affected by the SpamC process. That was using a -sw entry of 20 (my hold weight) So, I think if I want to utilize SA, I'm going to have to do something drastic... I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any!! :)

-Russ