----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Uhte (Lists)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Well, this did help considerably... but not quite enough.  I moved the
> SpamD server onto a server that currently does nothing but DNS.  It is a
> dual PIII 1GHz machine that usually runs between 0 and 5 %
> utilization.  With SpamD running on it, it averaged about 70%
> utilization.  Now my mailserver wasn't noticeably affected by the SpamC
> process.  That was using a -sw entry of 20 (my hold weight)  So, I think
if
> I want to utilize SA, I'm going to have to do something drastic...  I'm
> open to suggestions if anyone has any!!  :)

Russ, a not too drastic option would be to run SA on a linux mail gateway
sitting in front of your IMail server and then track the hit=xx.x header
counts with Declude.  That's what we do here, and it has worked great for
us.  With this configuration you could also set IMail to gateway all
outbound mail to the SA box for all external mail delivery, thus taking this
load off of your IMail server.

Just a thought...

Bill