HOP            0
HOPHIGH   3

I believe the only real harm in this is the extra lookups, but your volume shouldn't present problems as it is very similar to my own and I have seen no issues.  Most E-mail of course only has 1 or 2 hops.  I did this because of a relay chain for forwarding at one particular ISP, Dreamscape, that needed 4 hops just to get to the IP before it, though it might make sense to add another one.  Alternatively, I could have just added IPBYPASS settings for their servers to achieve the same being that I don't see many cases where having more than 3 hops would help, but for now, the lazy way around it works.  I think that scanning 3 hops (HOPHIGH   2) should be the minimum though.

Matt

Nick Hayer wrote:
Matt -

hop testing (I test the last 4 hops since my server can handle it
currently and that helps with forwarding).  I've only seen a few FP's

Does this mean you have a  HOPHIGH	4 setting in your global.cfg?
Or (3) considering HOP 0 or none of this applies..?

Thanks!

		-Nick Hayer

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/