My feeling is since it can be done to some extent using testsfailed filters, I'd
rather see development on things we can't do. The NOTCONTAINS arguement has simplified
these COMBO filters so most only take one filter to perform.

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/19/04 02:10PM >>>
I know Scott's out (hope he's enjoying it!), but wanted to post this one while I was
thinking about it.

I would like to be able to group tests together and give a weight to the group rather
than the individual tests.  That way if one or multiple tests fail, only one weight is
added.

This would give us a lot more flexibility in the weighting scheme and would address
such issues as mailers listed on multiple DUL lists, or mailers that are blacklisted
on multiple lists.

We then start to structure weighting more around the class of test rather than the
quality of individual tests, allowing lots of BLs to be used that may contain
duplicates, but have a few listings that others don't, without pushing the weight up
further than it should.

I realize others have found a workaround for the multiple DUL issue by using custom
filters, but I believe this would give much more overall flexibility.

Note that it also implies AND and OR functionality: AND with weight aggregation, and
OR with tests within a group.

I realize this is a major change, but believe it would be well worth it.

Thoughts?

Darin.