> But is it gone and they just forgot to whack the backup?
> dnsreport.com was (is?) the best dns report on the planet.

The DNSstuff.com/DNSreport.com sites are certainly not gone, nor can I foresee them going away any time in the near future.

My best guess is  - Chuck & Berry  - whoever now own Declude can't
fix it. Scott is on a cruise. No internet. No phone. When Scott
returns he will reboot the box - for now we just have to make do..

The DNSstuff.com/DNSreport.com websites aren't related to Declude, so the people now handling Declude do not have a way to reset the site (except for me, of course <G>). I did have some access to the Internet while I was gone, and was able to reset the site a bunch of times, just not as quickly as I normally would have.

Those sites use their own custom webserver (not IIS/Apache), which worked great back in the beginning when they got a few hits every minute during busy times. Now that it it gets a few hits a second during busy times (I'm seeing as much as 4-5 hits/second right now, and it's Sunday), it isn't quite as reliable as it used to be. As it starts crashing more and more often, the causes are usually discovered and fixed. But the cycle keeps continuing, and probably will until a major overhaul is done.