Hi Markus,

I know what you mean, just like the list below

I have a customer, nst.ie, and this is what is happening to them.

Kevin

QD:\IMail\spool\Ddbdf010000e626ff.SMD
Hkadmail.co.uk
WD:\Imail\kadmail_co_uk
E0,
S<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NRCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Markus Gufler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:06:41 +0200

>> We've been getting upwards of 30k messages a day which are
>> NDR's with our domain name, but with a randomly generated
>> username.  We found that although our mail server is more
>> then capable of handling the volume, it was creating a lot of
>> lag with POP3 accounts when the server was being hammered
>> with the dang things.  Seems this is getting to be the latest
>> craze, spamming with legit domain names attached to a random username.
>
>Thats not the current problem.
>The problem are NDR's send back to real existing email addresses because the
>original message has had only one (or a few) valid recipient addresses but a
>lot of random generated name parts of the email address. (in sober.g case
>this are one valid recipient and 39 usualy inexistant, random generated
>addresses)
>
>Your gateway would filter out this type of NDRs
>
>Markus
>

>---
>[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
>
>---
>This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
>unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
>at http://www.mail-archive.com.
>

>[ PS. This email has been securely processed by Sorting Office ]

This email has been Processed using Sorting Office Email Services

               Sorting Office Email Filter Solution
                    Anti-Virus | Anti-Spam
                        For kad.co.uk