I am getting service timeouts due mostly to all the declude instances of
traffic volume

I handle about 20000 messages a day, most of them during business hours

I find that I accumulate declude processes that have consumed up to a minute
of cpu time only to be idle and just sit there

This also causes accumulated memory to be consumed

I have been rebooting this server about twice a week

I have also been spending time everyday adding to my filter files

The server is a dual Xeon 2.4Ghz, 533 frontside bus with an Intel SATA raid
card running Raid 10

It has about 100 small web site that do not get much traffic

My goal is to reduce management time of the machine and to stabilize it so
the need to reboot it is lessened

I am prepared to put in a dual Xeon 3.4GH, etc but also want to make sure
that I do not overkill

Harry Vanderzand
inTown Internet & Computer Services
11 Belmont Ave. W.
Kitchener, ON
N2M 1L2
519-741-1222
Did you know we offer:
- Province wide dial-up and high speed internet access
- Web accessible email with anti-spam\antivirus protection
- Computer hardware sales and service
- Experienced website developers