> I'm  exporting  about  20000  usernames from AD to the registry. Has
> anyone ever worked with this many usernames before and if so does it
> bog down the servers?

How  long  does  the  LDAP  part  of  the query take, vs. the Registry
insertion part (do the same LDAP query from LDP to test)?

Generally speaking, that's quite a big chunk to grab at once, and will
take  up  significant  CPU during the script run. Access to the loaded
data  will not be slowed down, but the periodic load times will indeed
be slow.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/