Sharyn, you might be interested in a more complete tool from Microsoft
that is free and was designed with your task in mind:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d00e3eae-930a-4
2b0-b595-66f462f5d87b&DisplayLang=en

It's called the File Server Migration Toolkit, and it takes care of
creating the shares, setting permissions and even removing the original
shares.  There is an emphasis on using DFS, but that is completely
optional.

Here's a snippet from the online help:

"

Using the File Server Migration Wizard

The File Server Migration Wizard is a graphical user interface (GUI)
tool for copying files and folders from a source file server to a target
file server. The wizard walks you step by step through the copy process,
which includes creating a migration project where project-specific
settings are stored, monitoring the progress of the file copying, and
viewing a final report of the copying results.

<mk:@msitstore:c:\program%20files\microsoft%20file%20server%20migration%
20toolkit\fsmigrate.chm::/important.gif> Important

*       For information about security and server cluster
considerations, see Security considerations
<ms-its:fsmigrate.chm::/fsct_file_wizard_security.htm>  and Server
cluster considerations
<ms-its:fsmigrate.chm::/fsct_file_wizard_cluster.htm> .

The File Server Migration Wizard provides a number of options for
copying data. For example, you can:

*       Copy permission, auditing, and ownership information that is
associated with files and folders.
*       Resolve invalid security descriptors on the target files and
folders.
*       Stop sharing the shared folders on the source file servers after
the copying is finalized.
*       Prestage the target file server-for example, by restoring a
backup of the source file server-and then use the wizard to recopy
changed files and share the target folders. (To do this, follow the
procedure described in the Target Location link in Select servers,
shared folders, and settings
<ms-its:fsmigrate.chm::/fsct_file_Wizard_1a.htm> .)
*       Specify the DFS root server that hosts consolidation roots that
are created by the DFS Consolidation Root Wizard. When you select this
setting, the links that correspond to each copied folder are updated
with the new Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths of the target
folders.
*       Specify an existing DFS namespace where you want to add DFS
links for each copied shared folder. You can select this setting even if
you do not use the DFS Consolidation Root Wizard. "

Note that how you get your users to map these shares and how to switch
the server is still up to you, e.g. with login scripts or changing the
share for their home drive in your Active Directory (or NT4 Domain
Controller).

Andrew.

p.s. In the last migration I did, I was fortunate to use a product from
NetIQ.com called "Server Consolidator", part of their "NetIQ Migration
Suite", and that did the same functionality as the Microsoft FSMT and it
was both simple and accurate.  I've no idea what it cost.