-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Sullivan
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 2:03 PM
To: John Carter
Subject: Re[4]: [Declude.Virus] Second Scanner

Looks like I have clam up and running. I'm testing it as my primary scanner
to make sure it catches viruses and all looks good so far. It looks like it
takes about as much CPU as FProt.

I have "Rundclamd" running as a service under LocalSystem. Should I set the
startup type to "Automatic" or leave it at "Manual"? If I leave it on
"Manual" do I need to rerun "runclamd -start" after a reboot?

JC> I use ClamAV (with Runclamscan/Runclamd) as my second scanner and it
JC> works great.  The only downside is it is a resource hog (but still
JC> worth it.) If and when you move to AV/JM 2.0.6.16, consider using
JC> the new directive EXITSCANONVIRUSDETECT.  It has helped.

I'm still at 1.86. Been afraid to move up until it shakes out.
2.0.6.16 considered stable now?

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]