That's exactly how I use the notifications.

Markus

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Colbeck, Andrew
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:48 AM
To: Declude.Virus@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] New Virus?

I agree completely.

I use the postmaster notification only, so only internal notifications happen.  I use the FORGINGVIRUS statements to limit what we have to see.

Recently, we had a single "macro virus" type issue, and that was where a HTML based Microsoft Word document used a document template that was referenced as a URL.  F-Prot flagged that as a potential vulnerability and our postmaster account was duly notified.  After vetting the attachmeent, the message was internally re-queued for the user.

I can barely remember the incident before that.  The notifications always turn out to be flagging a new worm.

Andrew.