Don Brown wrote:
#1 "The main benefit is that it cuts down on the amount of messages
virus scanned thus saving resources."

correct.
#2 "It still gets virus scanned."

only those emails that get past the junkmail scanning.  If you do not delete any junkmail then there is no benefit

-Nick

So, with or without AVAFTERJM, it looks like each message is scanned by the virus
scanner (which makes sense to me).  If that is so, then how does it
cut down on machine resources?