OK, good point, thanks.

David

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
David Van Couvering wrote:

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

Or maybe ask Geir, since he's VP of Java Community Process for the
Apache Software Foundation, since similar instances may have come up
fairly recently. [3]

Even if we did ask Geir, he's not the last word on it. I'd rather hear
it from the horse's mouth.  I or someone else will get back to you.

From the ASF point of view, which is what we are discussing here, I
rather think Geir is the "horse's mouth". It's the ASF's interpretation
of the licence the ASF signed and the risks the ASF is willing to take
that matter with a Apache Derby release.

Dan.