I'm seeing the following error when I run the xa suite under jdk1.3. This looks like an environmental problem to me. Would appreciate advice on the accepted way to fix my environment for running the tests under jdk1.3.

The suite dies trying to load javax.transaction.xa.Xid. This is a class which is not present in the 1.3 jdk but which appears in 1.4 and later. It appears to me that since the loader can't find this class in the jdk, it grabs it from geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar, which I'm suspecting causes the class version error.

My classpath includes the following jars from trunk/tools/java

db2jcc.jar geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar javacc.jar junit.jar xml-apis.jar db2jcc_license_c.jar geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4-rc4.jar jce1_2_2.jar servlet.jar empty.jar jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar jdbc2_0-stdext.jar xercesImpl.jar

Here's the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: javax/transaction/xa/Xid (Unsupported major.minor ver
sion 48.0)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:106)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:243)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:51)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:183)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:288)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:310)
at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunList.shouldSkipTest(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunList.setSuiteProperties(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunList.runSuites(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunList.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite.getSuitesList(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite.main(Unknown Source)