Hi David,

I think there's a significant delta between the last snapshot and the beta I plan to cut imminently. I would recommend that people wait for the beta.

Regards,
-Rick

David Van Couvering wrote:

I was going to blog about this, but I realized I didn't know if 10.2 was officially beta or not. I guess that happens after we branch and Rick flips the beta bit?

If I were to blog about getting 10.2 tested today (before we're officially beta), what do I say? Should they get the latest snapshot? Should they pull a nightly build? Should I tell them beta is coming out next week? Should I wait for the first beta snapshot?

Thanks,

David

Kathey Marsden wrote:

Dear Development Community,

I find myself very concerned about the small amount of feedback we have gotten so far from the user community on 10.2. We have heard no feedback really positive or negative on the major new features, like grant/revoke, SUR, online-backup and JDBC 4.0. We've gotten a few bites for existing application testing for the RegressionSearchAndDestroy contest [1] and we have gotten a couple of regressions filed from users trying 10.2, but after a year of development I just don't have the feeling users are really out there pounding on it like they need to with such an incredibly concentrated beta period.

How can we make a big splash with the Beta Announcement and follow-up to get users pounding on 10.2 to make sure this is a quality release? I am interested in ideas from the community.

Kathey

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy