Jean T. Anderson wrote:

hhhmmmmm, do you see this page show up anywhere in the hits?

http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html

I didn't see that page in my quick search, no. It is of course possible that I missed it, but I don't think it was there.

I can add "open source" to the basic definition on the home page at
http://db.apache.org/derby/index.html . I'd be curious to see if google
will then pick it up.

I was curious about that, too. So I also searched for "relational database", which is a phrase that *is* on index.html, and the results were only slighly better: a magazine article about Derby on page 7, and that was about it. No reference to the Derby home page that I could see.

So my guess is that adding "open source" to the Derby home pages isn't going to help much. Which is too bad, 'cause that would have been easy... ;)

Army