Have you tried 10.2 beta?

What were your results?

Positive or negative or why it is not worth your time I'd like to know. The reason is this:

Open source software development is based (as I understand it) on iterative feedback and involvement from users especially beta. Any regression might cause your mission critical app to grind to a halt. Maybe you embed Derby in medical equipment, maybe you run a bank, maybe you use it to organize your CD's. Whatever it is, if it is important to you, you should test 10.2 and make sure it will still runs to your expectations.

Here is what we have heard so far from users on 10.2

- Michael Bouschen tried the JDO tests and jean the Torque tutorial. Both passed. - A single user Prasenjit Sarker has found multiple serious optimizer regressions
- A few users have asked how to upgrade.

Download the beta from:
http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.3-beta/

Please list the results of your 10.2 application testing at:
   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting

File Jira entries for bugs and don't forget to list your results at:
   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

Kathey