Hi Paulo!

Am Samstag, den 12.03.2011, 13:59 -0300 schrieb Paulo José:
> Hi Christoph, all,
>
> Yeah, It's that what I mean by icons replacing text buttons. Much better
> to my eyes. The icons [1] for the Selecition Mode are actually great.
> But I can't locate the Inser Mode icon or text. Was you proposing remove
> it? If yes, I admit to like a lot the idea, since the Insert Mode
> feedback is given by the Text Indicator (that thing marking the text
> position, I'm not sure about the name) inline.

Mmh, I don't really remember whether this had been my "plan" ... but
this might still be one of the less important information.

> I just wanna see your Selection Mode in a float menu showed by clicking
> on the mouse's right button and swithing directly the mode by the
> mouse's left button click.

For another item, I drafted a drop-down (in the case of the statusbar,
this might rather be a drop-up) menu. This could also be applied to the
selection mode as well - although it will get harder to compare the
different modes quickly.

> Great additions! May you give the SVG file of these icons? I know... 3
> years are a while, but I had to ask. :-)

And I had to upload ;-)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DesignTeam_StatusBar_Idea_2007-11-04_ZoomZoom.svg

Sorry, this file is in a real draft state with unused stuff inside ...

Thanks for this nice discussion and the great ideas!

Cheers,
Christoph