On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:49 AM Carlos Soriano <csori...@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I have good news, after few meetings and discussions with GitLab we
> reached an agreement on a way to bring the features we need and to fix our
> most important blockers
> <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/GitLab-Infrastructure/issues/8>
> in a reasonable time and in a way that are synced with us. Their team will
> fix our blockers in the next 1-2 months, most of them will be fix in the
> release of 22th of December and the rest if everything goes well in the
> release of 22th of January. The one left that will be an ongoing effort out
> of those 2 months is a richer UI experience for duplicates, which is going
> to be an ongoing effort.

Sounds like fantastic news!

Apologies for the blockage for those that regularly asked to migrate their
> project, I wanted to make sure we are doing things in the right steps. I
> also wanted to make sure that I get feedback and comments about the
> initiative all around in my effort to make a representation of the
> community for taking these decisions. Now it's the point where I'm
> confident, the feedback and comments both inside and outside of our core
> community has been largely that we should start our path to fully migrate
> to GitLab.
>
> So starting today we move forward to the next step, this means that all
> projects that want to migrate are free to migrate. I'm also coordinating
> with some core apps for a migration in the upcoming month (e.g. Documents,
> Photos, Boxes), with other core projects to be migrated once we have in
> GitLab the features we need (i.e. Software, Shell, Mutter), and more
> platform-ish core projects like gtk+, glib etc. to be taken their time to
> ensure their migration is smooth. All depends individually of the project
> and the maintainer, of course.
>
> With this change comes other news: We did our first batch migration of 8
> projects today, totaling 21 projects that have moved by now. Also, the
> Engagement team has started using GitLab for better tracking and
> collaboration with the rest of the community, don't hesitate to check it
> out <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/engagement> if you want to
> make publicity of some feature or if you want to collaborate!
>
> To make the transition easier, I created a general documentation for using
> GitLab for GNOMER's, check it out here <https://wiki.gnome.org/GitLab> (feel
> free to edit).
> If you want to help, get in touch with me or check out our task list
> <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/GitLab-Infrastructure/issues/45>
> .
> If you want your project to be moved, get in touch with me or create an
> issue like this one
> <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/GitLab-Infrastructure/issues/66>
> .
>
> As always, I'm there for your questions and feedback. You can do so in
> this mail chain, in irc, in private messages to me or by filling issues in
> the GNOME infrastructure project
> <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME-Community/GitLab-Infrastructure>. I just
> want to ask, please keep in mind that I'm doing this entirely in my free
> time, so be considerate, I don't have unlimited energy :)

Thank you for all the coordination and work you have done so far.

Also thanks to all that helped so far, specially Phillip, Emmanuele and
> Alberto.
>
> Hope you enjoy the news and the work we have done.

I am already getting a lot more contributions to GJS in GitLab, without
even asking for them, than I did in Bugzilla. It's fantastic!

Philip